August 29, 2012
SeaMonkey 2.12 released
SeaMonkey 2.12 is available in 26 languages, for Windows, Mac OS X and Linux.
Most notably, this release features for the first time:
- Added support for SPDY networking protocol v3
- Implemented WebGL enhancements, including compressed textures for better performance
- Optimized memory usage for add-ons
- Implemented the CSS word-break property
- Implemented high precision event timer
- HTML5: Added native support for the Opus audio codec
- HTML5: Added support for the source element media attribute
- HTML5: Added support for the audio element and video element played attribute
- Fixed several stability issues
For a more complete list of major changes in SeaMonkey 2.12, see the What's New in SeaMonkey 2.12 section of the Release Notes, which also contain a list of known issues and answers to frequently asked questions. For a more general overview of the SeaMonkey project (and screen shots!), visit www.seamonkey-project.org.
Posted by Callek at August 29, 2012 1:00 PM