September 7, 2011
SeaMonkey 2.4 Beta 1 -- Introduces new features
SeaMonkey 2.4 Beta 1 is available for free download now in 24 languages and makes a list of new functionality available to a wider testing audience for the first time. Please note that this pre-release version is still intended for testers only and might still show some problems in everyday use. As always, we appreciate any feedback you may have and encourage users to help us by filing bugs.
This version is built on top of Gecko 7 and features the following new improvements:
- Drastically improved memory use
- Added a new rendering backend to speed up Canvas operations on Windows systems
- Bookmark and password changes now sync almost instantly when using Sync
- Added support for text-overflow: ellipsis
- Added support for the Web Timing specification
- Fixed several stability issues
We welcome any and all discussions on this beta on our newsgroups, or you can even file a bug if you find one. Be sure to check our Known Issues prior to filing bugs.
SeaMonkey 2.4 Beta 1 is available for free download on the SeaMonkey website. Once you have downloaded and installed this release, we'd like to encourage you to get involved in discussing and reporting problems as well as further improving the product.
Thanks for testing and helping us to make SeaMonkey even better!
~Justin Wood (Callek), SeaMonkey Release Engineer
Posted by Callek at September 7, 2011 8:00 AM