September 27, 2011
SeaMonkey 2.4 -- Introduces new features
SeaMonkey 2.4 is available in 24 languages, for Windows, Mac OS X and Linux.
Most notably, this release features for the first time:
- Drastically improved memory use
- Added a new rendering backend to speed up Canvas operations on Windows systems
- Bookmark and password changes now sync almost instantly when using Sync
- Added support for text-overflow: ellipsis
- Added support for the Web Timing specification
- Fixed several stability issues.
- Fixed several security issues.
- Fixed several high visibility usability issues from SeaMonkey 2.3.
For a more complete list of major changes in SeaMonkey 2.4, see the What's New in SeaMonkey 2.4 section of the Release Notes, which also contain a list of known issues and answers to frequently asked questions. For a more general overview of the SeaMonkey project (and screen shots!), visit www.seamonkey-project.org.
Posted by Callek at September 27, 2011 1:11 PM