August 7, 2011
SeaMonkey 2.3 Beta 3 Release -- Introduces New Features
SeaMonkey 2.3 Beta 3 is available for free download now in 24 languages and makes a list of new functionality available to a wider testing audience for the first time. Please note that this pre-release version is still intended for testers only and might still show some problems in everyday use. As always, we appreciate any feedback you may have and encourage users to help us by filing bugs.
This version is built on top of Gecko 6 and features the following new improvements:
- Added support for the latest draft version of WebSockets with a prefixed API
- Added support for EventSource / server-sent events
- Added support for window.matchMedia
- Support for OS X Lion
SeaMonkey Specific changes since 2.3 Beta 2:
- If a page did not load and the Try Again button appeared, it was disabled after a second page load failure (bug 671466).
- After loading an HTML file in Composer, red borders around tables were gone (Bug 664095).
- There were issues related to Sync with windows other than the initial one (Bug 639970).
- After an update, tabs were restored but not loaded, except for the first one (bug 675162).
We welcome any and all discussions on this beta on our newsgroups, or you can even file a bug if you find one. Be sure to check our Known Issues prior to filing bugs.
SeaMonkey 2.3 Beta 3 is available for free download on the SeaMonkey website. Once you have downloaded and installed this release, we'd like to encourage you to get involved in discussing and reporting problems as well as further improving the product.
Thanks for testing and helping us to make SeaMonkey even better!
~Justin Wood (Callek), SeaMonkey Release Engineer
Posted by Callek at August 7, 2011 10:10 PM
Regarding the changes to SeaMonkey 2.3, I like the fact that many webpages now render properly in widescreen format (rather than being left-justified). However, there are still some websites that left-justify in SeaMonkey 2.3 - is there any way to correct this problem?
Also - I much preferred the older version of SeaMonkey when it comes to deleting cookies. There was an option to "delete all cookies," which has now been replaced with a cookie-by-cookie deletion option. Any chance of restoring this function in future versions?
Posted by: jeff at August 20, 2011 2:47 PM