May 18, 2010
SeaMonkey 2.1 Alpha 1 Available
SeaMonkey 2.1 Alpha 1, a first preview of functionality in work for SeaMonkey's future is available for free download. Please note that this pre-release version is intended for developers and testers only. As always, we appreciate any feedback you may have and encourage users to help us by filing bugs.
This developer preview introduces many improvements, including:
- Full screen HTML5 video.
- Resizeable text areas in web forms.
- A new Troubleshooting Information page (about:support).
- Notification bars for MailNews return receipts (MDN).
- Support for SMIL animation, CSS transitions, a new HTML5 parser, new DOM, HTML5 and CSS features as well as downloadable WOFF fonts.
- CSS :visited selectors that cannot be read by web sites (privacy improvement).
SeaMonkey 2.1 Alpha 1 is available for free download on the SeaMonkey website. Once you have downloaded and installed this release, we'd like to encourage you to
get involved in discussing and reporting problems as well as further improving the product.
Thanks for testing and helping us to make SeaMonkey even better!
P.S.: A Belarusian localization of this entry is now available!
Posted by KaiRo at May 18, 2010 6:41 PM
Please keep things like bookmarks.html in plain text.
Posted by: peter at May 29, 2010 4:53 AM
I'm currently testing Ubuntu 10.04 and surprisingly noticed that 2.04 crashes immediately as soon as I click on a group folder and creating e-mail account doesn't work (the Next button doesn't work). Okay, let's test the Alpha and this one works much better. It doesn't crash (until now) and I can create e-mail accounts. However both versions have in common that the favicons and folder icons are not shown in "Bookmarks".
Posted by: Ben at May 30, 2010 12:36 AM