May 18, 2010
SeaMonkey 2.1 Alpha 1 Available
SeaMonkey 2.1 Alpha 1, a first preview of functionality in work for SeaMonkey's future is available for free download. Please note that this pre-release version is intended for developers and testers only. As always, we appreciate any feedback you may have and encourage users to help us by filing bugs.
This developer preview introduces many improvements, including:
- Full screen HTML5 video.
- Resizeable text areas in web forms.
- A new Troubleshooting Information page (about:support).
- Notification bars for MailNews return receipts (MDN).
- Support for SMIL animation, CSS transitions, a new HTML5 parser, new DOM, HTML5 and CSS features as well as downloadable WOFF fonts.
- CSS :visited selectors that cannot be read by web sites (privacy improvement).
SeaMonkey 2.1 Alpha 1 is available for free download on the SeaMonkey website. Once you have downloaded and installed this release, we'd like to encourage you to
get involved in discussing and reporting problems as well as further improving the product.
Thanks for testing and helping us to make SeaMonkey even better!
P.S.: A Belarusian localization of this entry is now available!