Lightning 1.0 Testing Week
Hello Lightning users and testers,
With the forthcoming release of Lightning 1.0, we would like to organize a community driven testing event in order improve subsequent versions of Lightning, making sure that it isn't regressing in any major way. This event will take place during the week starting on November the 13th. If you use Lightning regularly, it should be quite easy to participate.
What do I need to do to participate ?
- You will need to sign up by sending an email to email@example.com who will coordinate the testing effort. Mention "Lightning testing" in the subject.(1)
- You will need some free time on that week to perform some tests.
- You will need an account on litmus.mozilla.org - this is the tool that we will use to track testing and you might need an account on bugzilla.mozilla.org to report defects.
How would my involvement participation would look like ?
- You read this - send the email and create the accounts that you might need.
- On the day we start the event you'll get an email with detailed instructions on what needs to be tested and links to getting started.
- You follow the links and select some test in litmus.
- Report if the test is ok, or borked
- If borked you file a bug.
It's that simple !!!
And while this test will be happening - we will also test Thunderbird 10. If you also want to help just let us know when you signup
(1) signing up ensures that the test workload can be distributed amongst the participants - if we don't do that install get's tested 4 times and alarms might end up not being tested.