Lightning 0.7 & Sunbird 0.7 have been released
Just 1.5 weeks after our originally scheduled release date, Lightning 0.7 and Sunbird 0.7 bring us a huge step closer to our 1.0 release, which we hope to release in 2008.
Notable improvements of this release are:
- It is now much easier to switch between the mail and calendar parts of Thunderbird thanks to a user interface redesign
- A redesigned event/task dialog has been enabled to gather feedback from the community. It offers a much cleaner user interface and additional functionality including:
- Events/Tasks can be created in different timezones
- Attendees can be added from a local or corporate LDAP directory
- Free-Busy information is available for users of the Sun Java Calendar Server
- Integrated display of recurrence patterns, reminders and attendees
- Custom recurrences and reminders
- Clear separation between tasks and events
- The new event summary dialog lists all the details of tasks and events for calendar which are read-only
- The Today Pane gives a quick overview over your current tasks and upcoming events. The Today Pane can be enabled/disabled by a toolbar button
- Colliding events (events in the same time slot) are shrunk so that they fit into the display of a day. This no longer affects other events on the same day
- Localized releases of Lightning and Sunbird in Chinese (simplified), Georgian, Lithuanian, Portuguese (European), Spanish (Argentina) and Turkish
- A full list of changes that have gone into this release can be found on The Rumbling Edge website
Lightning 0.7 and Sunbird 0.7 are available for Windows, Mac OS X (universal builds) and Linux in 27 different languages including English.
Please use the following links to download the release:
Thank you again to all our developers, contributors, localizers, testers, and supporters. We would not be able to do this without your assistance!
UPDATE: We have heard reports, that after upgrading Lightning to 0.7 all tasks and events are no longer displayed. To get your tasks and events back, switch to Calendar Mode using the toolbar button below the folder pane and ensure that all your calendars are marked as visible.