Looking for a mail client
I'm looking for a mail client that:
- Supports IMAP over SSL/TLS.
- Supports NNTP.
- Has reasonable handling for internationalized text (UTF-8, KOI8-R, and
Windows-1251 to be exact).
- Has built-in Bayesian filtering for mail.
- Can be optimized for a reasonable-bandwidth, high-latency scenario
(eagerly downloading e-mails to a local cache even for IMAP accounts).
- Doesn't have a super-slow-and-laggy UI.
- Integrates well with the operating system.
- Has a decent addressbook setup (ideally with auto-collection).
- Ideally has a spellchecker.
- Ideally is available on both Linux and OSX (though if this can't be done,
so be it; I can deal with different clients on the two operating systems).
Thunderbird or Seamonkey with the Sync-On-Arrival extension almost cover this
list, except for that "super-slow-and-laggy UI" bit. I'm tired of twiddling
thumbs while I wait for the view to update to show my next mail. There's got
to be something better out there. Any ideas?
Posted by bzbarsky at 10:42 PM